Thursday, January 5, 2012

Wisconsin the Mitten State? Yeah, Right! The Michigan Mitten Will Not Be Usurped!

I don't think Wisconsin should become known as a state where we shoot cats.
~Jim Doyle

Wisconsin started a tourist attraction campaign calling themselves "The Mitten State." One look at a map debunks this so completely, so effortlessly, so unimpeachably!


Where do you see the mitten state?

Try as you might, you simply cannot turn the shape of Wisconsin into a mitten. But they did TRY!

I don't see it. I do, however, belong to a Facebook group called Being able to point at a part of your hand and say, "I live right there."  Maybe if Wisconsin was not right next to the actual mitten state... Even so, it's a stretch.

Michigan residents were, in equal parts, outraged, disdainful, and amused by Wisconsin's attempt to portray itself as a mitten.


Note: I also belong to a Facebook group called Meowing back at a cat when it meows at you.

Something else I learned: People really get into their man-defined boundaries!

1 comment:

  1. The local tv station here says that Wisconsin looks like the hangnail state.

    ReplyDelete