Monday, February 13, 2012

SAP: Systems, Applications and Products Enterprise Resource Planning

We shape our environments, then our environments shape us.
~Winston Churchill

The first thing I learned was that SAP is an acronym for Systems, Applications and Products (not swearing and pain as has been reported by some). I had to look this up myself online because either it is assumed that everyone knows what SAP stands for, or no one knows but they are afraid to ask because they think everyone assumes they know. We are getting SAP at work, and I attended the introductory training where no one told me what SAP stands for.  I will never use the software in my position, but I am glad I got a look at it.



Enterprise Resource Planning (which is what SAP is for) is a general set of plans and actions designed to manage important business practices. This usually covers accounting. There are other applications for most ERP software solutions.

Note: Enterprise Resource Management is ERM.

Something else I learned: SAP is a German Software company

No comments:

Post a Comment