Friday, November 11, 2011

Today I Learned How to Play Angry Birds

Something about the visceral, primal thrill of hurling disgruntled birds at houseproud pigs has struck a chord.
~Mark Brown


Yes, the premise is silly. So is the game. I needed something to keep me distracted from a very annoying person on a conference call, so I downloaded the app on my phone. I got the idea from a coworker who always makes it through these meetings with an (until now) inexplicable calm.

So far, I am not very good at the game. I only made it through the first ten levels of level 1.  I am also not very good at playing games on my phone at work, as I neglected to mute my phone before starting the game. ♪♫ ♫♪ ♪♪♪ My coworker and I laughed (silently) and he quickly muted the phone while I turned off the game. Oops!


It did make the meeting much more pleasant. I catapulted my angry birds and listened only vaguely to the discussion, making an occasional comment, "Okay," "Sounds good," "What?"

Note: This trick for making conference call meetings enjoyable cannot always be deployed. This instance is a rare time when only I and my fellow bird hurler are in the meeting at our location. But we do it twice a week. Maybe by this time next week i will be on a new level!

Something else I learned: Some of the birds have special abilities which are activated by tapping.

1 comment: